Fixing into Celcon blocks

What's the best way of fixing screws into Celcon blocks?

I seem to have varied long time success whenever I want to do this. I usually use Rawlplugs and they generally work, although if whatever the screw is holding is subject to movement, this can eventually lead to the Rawlplug becoming loose. On the other hand, a Rawlbolt with an eye on the end has been supporting an external washing line quite happily for years!

Thanks

Roger (my reader sometimes loses mail/newsgroup messages

- if you think you should have had a reply/comment, please e-mail me again. Ta!)

Reply to
romic

rawplug, and get the hole the right size, there is not too much room for play.

Schrewfix do a range of hammer in fixings, never tried them though.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Rawlbloc fixings work well for me

Andy Wade

Plugs, and if subjected to stress, and I drilled too large, car body filler.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

After having several of the large Rawlplus fixings come loose I tend to SDS a 1" diameter hole then hammer in serated dowelling.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for the answers. I think one of the problems is that I'm using a slightly larger drill bit than I should do. Whilst this is not normally a problem in brickwork, I think it's enough to cause problems with the Celcon blocks. I'll have to get a 6mm drill bit.

Roger

Reply to
romic