Fixing flashing tape to pebble dash.

The flashing between my flat roof and the side wall of the house, which is pebble das, has started to leak. I was thinking of using flashing tape, how does this adhere to the pebble dash? Any advice or comments appreciated.

Reply to
robert

Not terribly well I'd have thought: have you considered chiselling flat the pebbledash in the area directly under the flashing? Thereis a primer available for flashing tape, it may be necessary on a dusty surface. Finally, it might be worth heating up the tape a little to get it to stick better - bitumen is not very tacky at low temperature.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

It doesn't. Flashing tape is only any good on smooth brickwork and even then not that good. You should use a grinder to cut a channel in the mortar betweek brick layers and let some decent flashing into said gap (you can get an L-shaped profile PVC panel that's good for fixing split flashings). It's then supposed to be pointed up with fresh mortar but I think bitumen sealant does a better job.

Greg

Reply to
Greg C

In message , Greg C writes

Thank-you for your post. You've answered several questions that have been running around my brain for a while. :)

Reply to
stejonda