Fixing flashing tape to pebble dash.

The flashing between my flat roof and the side wall of the house, which is pebble das, has started to leak. I was thinking of using flashing tape, how does this adhere to the pebble dash? Any advice or comments appreciated.

Not terribly well I'd have thought: have you considered chiselling flat the pebbledash in the area directly under the flashing? Thereis a primer available for flashing tape, it may be necessary on a dusty surface. Finally, it might be worth heating up the tape a little to get it to stick better - bitumen is not very tacky at low temperature.
Andy.
snipped-for-privacy@freeserve.co.uk wrote:

It doesn't. Flashing tape is only any good on smooth brickwork and even then not that good. You should use a grinder to cut a channel in the mortar betweek brick layers and let some decent flashing into said gap (you can get an L-shaped profile PVC panel that's good for fixing split flashings). It's then supposed to be pointed up with fresh mortar but I think bitumen sealant does a better job.
Greg

Thank-you for your post. You've answered several questions that have been running around my brain for a while. :)
--
dave @ stejonda