Fixing battens to floor joists.

Hey up. Floors pulled up, ready for fixing 25x50mm battens for support of ply + Insulation for UFH pipes.

What's the best way of fixing battons about 70cm down a floor joist (16" centres) I can't hammer nails as it would disrupt the down stairs ceilings too much, besides which, joists are 4.5 M long and have too much sideways "bounce" now the floor is removed.

I was thinking along the lines of a nail gun, but didn't know if one would fit between joist. Screws are a posibillity, but with close on

200m of batten to fix, it would be a bit of a killer.

TIA

Reply to
Pet

I would uses screws, driven with a power drill

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Assuming you already have some method of power screwing, buy a super cheap mains drill to do the holes, using a combination drill (does pilot, clearance and countersink).

Reply to
Dave Plowman

If you can't get in to use screws, clamps and lots of tubes of no more nails.

Reply to
G&M

I fear that would be an awfull lot of no-nails.

I'll try the screws first and probabally the no-nails on the joists that are very narrowly spaced (fortunatey only 2 or 3 bays)

Cheers

Reply to
Pet