Fill or stick?

The bottom row of a tiled wall were all cracked and, of course, it's not possible to get any that match them, so I decided to run some skirting along to tidy it all up. Of course, it wasn't until I got to offering it up that I realised how out of true the wall is. The skirting is mdf and can be persuaded to follow the curve of the wall or I could fit it as a straight line and fill the gap. Now on a painted wall, I would fit it straight, fill, and paint the filler the colour of the wall. This wouldn't work on a tiled wall, so there would be an uneven (from nothing up to 6 - 8 mm) bead of filler. So...What would the committee recommend - fill or stick?

Cheers

Reply to
GMM

8mm seems a lot - gut feeling would be to stick that, because I think even with a filled gap the colour of the wall it might still stick out as being 'funny'.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Bit of both. Bend it a bit to reduce the gap, and then fill.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I find that a good rule of thumb, where a wall or ceiling is wonky, fit things half way between true and following the wall/ceiling. The 2 oher options dont look right.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I usually finish the filler flat and level with the top of the skirting then paint it the same colour as the skirting instead of the wall. It looks more natural to have the change of colour at the internal angle instead of part way across the top surface.

Reply to
Mike Clarke