favourites list in Edge

Windows 10 has two different versions of MSEdge.
The old version is a Metro application bundled with the OS.
Then, recently, they decided to work with the FOSS Chromium software source code, and make a version of ChromEdge out of that. This can be acquired via a separate download, acquired via Windows Update, and once it's on board, it will be updating itself daily just to annoy.
It is this latter thing, you can see here.
Notice how if you enter edge://favorites that a favorites web page opens (an internal web page representing the favorites interface).
If you made edge://favorites your "home page", then every new tab would show that Favorites interface.
Another piece of advice suggests arranging favorites in a collection of folders. It's the Microsoft version of "use folders... or else". They make long scrolling random lists of favorites harder to use, to force users to use folders instead.
I've never been a big fan of "organization". I use search dialogs and tagging if I want something organized. Sorting them into cubby holes when I'm in a hurry, just isn't my style.
Using ChromEdge isn't my style either :-) But that's beside the point.
Paul
Reply to
Paul
The windows 7 version of Edge seems to be the same. Although its a fast browser, I still find it less intuitive than Firefox or waterfox. Its far too much like Chrome for me. Why cannot they simply make the interface look like Firefox or IE? After all the browser part is distinct from its shell in most browsers. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa
Try:
1: Select the ellipses (...) in the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge and choose Settings from the drop-down menu. 2: Select Appearance on the left side of the Settings page. 3: Set Show favorites bar to Always or Only on new tabs.
Reply to
mechanic
I just allowed Edge to collect all my favourites from Firefox and it just did it all for me though.
Reply to
Andrew

Site Timeline Threads