fault now BBC 4 HD terrestrial

at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite) stopped transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and started transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a problem!'. I'm using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it just Emley or national?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

At 12.26 it came right.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Just put the telly on (3.23am) and BBC4 HD terrestrial is off the air. SD is on the air. Satellite is on the air.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Bill Wright explained on 28/06/2018 :

I was watching it on SD via Emley Moor and that was fine. It was maybe something to do with switching transmission over to the temporary EM mast.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I doubt it - I don't think the mast has been built yet!

Reply to
Woody

Oh yes it has !

However, if an apology caption appeared the problem had nothing at all to do with Emley (or any other transmitter)

Reply to
Mark Carver

It wasn't really an apology caption, it was the 'we are off the air' caption for CBeebies.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Presumably after 7PM, with your TV/PVR tuned to BBC Four, it should be consulting its local table of SIDs versus channels and extracting the BBC Four streams from the multiplex. If it's displaying a CBeebies caption instead, that almost suggests that the TV is picking out the Cbeebies streams instead which time-share the same bandwidth but with different SIDs.

Reply to
NY

Mux 7 and 8 are only coded in one central location in the London area, so again any SI problems would be in a piece of kit a long way from Emley (and affect all transmitters), the only other explanation might be Bill's telly had a brain fart.

Reply to
Mark Carver

I doubt Bill is senile enough yet to be watching Ceebies somehow?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Bill said the caption was 'C Beebies Whoops we have a problem!'. That would be what they would display if there was a problem during C Beebies transmission hours. I'd guess that someone made a mistake by displaying that rather than the BBC Four equivalent.

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

No, I had exactly the same results on the living room telly, the living room PVR, the living room Samsung that normally displays the CCTV matrix and the office TV set.

I put the Samsung on BBC4 HD whilst I watched a programme on the adjacent TV set. The Samsung abruptly went from the caption to the proper programme at 12.25 (ish) so I checked the other tellys and they were also back on the proper programme.

It was deffo a transmission fault.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I stand corrected Mark. The last time I was up there, maybe 9-10 months or so ago they had barely started digging the foundations for the mast base. To put something like that up in not much more than six months through the winter is some achievement methinks.

Reply to
Woody

Your customary stance Woody!

The last time I was up there, maybe 9-10

Have you seen the video? It was going up like lightning.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Who said he was ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

Good point Mark. Whether you meant 'who said he was senile?' or 'who said he was watching CBeebies?' -- good point. I'm not and I wasn't.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Do they still have the Tellytubbies? I liked them !!!

Reply to
Scott

Video?

Reply to
Woody

I found one on YouTube showing a top bit going up by helicopter but nothing of the larger lower sections.

Interesting that the choice of music was 'March to the Scaffold' by Berlioz?

Reply to
Woody

It's never been on the bloody air from Midhurst :-(

Reply to
Andrew