fan boosted radiator - how well does it work? Useful for heat pump?

I don't know why those products exist. But someone must be buying them.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Paul snipped-for-privacy@needed.invalid wrote

Because they run on USB.

Only those silly enough to buy something that will run on USB.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I also once worked on a job where the the heat from the circuit boards was transferred by an in-built PCB heat planes to the side wall of the box. The sidewalls were hollow so the cooling air had to be forced through these of narrow slots. The fans used were very high speed and sounded much like a jet engine running at full throttle. Ear defenders were definitely needed but the noise could be heard in the rest of the building and caused some annoyance.

The solution for testing purposes was to replace the couple of 50mm (ish) fans with a very large centrifugal fan fitted in an external box approx 1m x 1m x 1m lined with sound deadening material and the air flow from that fan ducted up to the equipment. That brought the noise level down to an acceptable level. In operation the equipment was fitted to a jet aircraft where the noise from the fans just added to that from the engine :)

Reply to
alan_m

I have one on my desk running now. Bought in Muji a few years ago.

Reply to
charles

Absolutely ideal for keeping my face cool

Reply to
charles