Extension lead ruined by sunlight

As it happens today I've binned an 'Addis Cutlery Drainer' that's had a hard year of occasional sunshine UV exposure holding our toothbrushes.

It's crumbling similarly and bits are now easily snapped off. I'd say at a guess it's made of the same type of disintegrating cheese where I think (looking at google) they may have left out the necessary UV stabilising additives. These things are meant to have a 10 year guarantee!

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

You really are something else.

God knows what, though.

Reply to
Scott M

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 17:50:25 -0000, Scott M wrote:=

te:

GB came on here to complain that what looks like a =A32.99 Aldi extensio= n strip wore out. So what? Buy another one.

-- =

The difference between insane asylums and our schools is that in the ins= ane asylum you have to show some improvement before you can get out.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You are so selfish that your only thought is that I was complaining. I wasn't. I was warning other people on this NG that there's a potential problem that could lead to an electric shock or fire, possibly.

There's a clue in the OP that ought to have penetrated your self-centred brain, where I say: "Just a minor warning:".

And, yes, of course, I've thrown the extension lead away, and next time I buy one it will be a better make. However cheap the original lead was, it doesn't excuse it being hazardous.

Reply to
GB

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 11:05:31 -0000, GB wrote:=

Why do people need to be warned to throw things away when they fall apar= t?

-- =

I got the strangest recording when I called the phone company the other = day. It said, "You have been connected to the correct department on the first= try. This is against company policy. Please hang up and redial."

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You just show yourself up as an idiot when you ask inane questions. Clearly, the answer to your stupid question is that the damage may not be immediately apparent.

Reply to
GB

You just show yourself up as an idiot when you answer with inane answers.

If the damage is not apparent, how do you know its faulty at all?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You missed out a key word in order to make a daft point. I said immediately apparent.

In my case, only the side of the extension lead facing the sun was brittle. Since I normally only saw it from the other side, the first I knew of the problem was when I picked up the extension lead, the plastic crumbled away, and my fingers were in direct contact with the conductors. Fortunately, I had the earths towards the windows, so I was earthed rather than shocked.

Reply to
GB

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 22:45:34 -0000, GB wrote:=

rote:

Oh you poor thing. An electric shock won't kill you, especially with mo= dern namby pamby circuit breakers.

-- =

There are two people I trust to use my computer. Myself and you are not= the other one.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 22:30:41 -0000, GB wrote:=

te:

It's only not immediately apparent to a clueless f****it of the third or= der.

-- =

Why do MPs drive Volvos? Because they have safe seats.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Well, it's just as well you heeded my warning then.

Reply to
GB

I have had six shocks off the mains, it does no harm.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

And the damage became immediately apparent.

Fortunately, I had the earths towards the windows, so I was

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

He'd have to be damn stupid to continue gripping it once he felt it crum= ble. So zero chance of a sensible person touching the insides.

-- =

Yellatio: Really loud oral sex

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

We can all see that that is what has fried what you have between your ears.

Reply to
Jack Johnson

Fuck off Rod.

Reply to