expanding foam cans are stuck

I've recently bought a batch of expanding foam (Siroflex). The 10 cans were inside a box and laying horizontally... Unfortunately, as I found out later, the cans should had been stored vertically. As a result, the last few can left are now stuck...i.e, when loaded in a gun they simply refuse to yeld any foam.

Is there any way or trick of getting then working?

Reply to
swimmydeepo

nailgun?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Drill a hole in the side of the can.

Reply to
Andy Hall

None that don't involve lots of mess....

John Rumm

but that wasn't part of the spec.

Oh... you want to use it in a *controlled* way.

Given that the cans are class F for anything constructive; one might as well think of the most spectacular project

Reply to
Andy Hall

Place at strategic points in the garden[1] and take up a high vantage point with an air rifle. Now just wait for the local errant cat/fox/youth/busybody to enter the blast radius... ;-)

Could be just the thing for curtailing a noisy firework display this time of year!

[1] not necessarily yours
Reply to
John Rumm

You forgot the smiley ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk writes

I've found that a sharp tap down on the valve will sometimes do the trick, always done outside.

Reply to
fred

.. making sure to avoid the line of fire and especially to make sure that none gets in one's hair.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Treat with respect/fear.

them.

Reply to
Onetap

'kinell

... and here was me thinking that the biggest danger with Evostik was if teenagers but some in a placcy bag.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Been there done that...

David

Reply to
Lobster

dangerous in that regard than any other aerosol can?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Andy Hall

Well, thanks you all for your suggestions...some were funny some others more useful. I'll give it a go about tapping the top of the valve...but it seems to me that's probably is better to get rid of them all. As they were sent on an unmarked box - no UP/DOWN indication nor advice of how to store them. I rang the store and got a replacement.

Reply to
swimmydeepo

Yes. Throw them away. If it does spray in your direction you will not beat it. Amazingly I am not blind.....................

Reply to
mark