Electrical Periodic Inspection Reports

Hi

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year. I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over £100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of changing to Powergen in any case?

Thanks Jonty

Reply to
Jonty G

You`ll probably find it`s LEBs meter fixers who do the work regardless of= =20 who the supplier is, so will probably still require one prior to=20 reconnection.

You could always try asking them to connect to an isolator switch only,=20 and as soon as they go, hit the switch !

--=20 Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email

Colin Wilson

On most long term unoccupied property the leccy supplier likes to test before they begin a new supply contract. It is just to cover their own backs in case the property has been robbed of parts, like copper wiring, brass fittings and things, and to see if it needs a new meter.

Reply to
BigWallop

And how does a PIR determine that you need a new meter??

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

You could move in, spend thousands on decorating, then find you have faulty electrics, Have to redecorate, or maybe have the house burn down. At .0001% of what the Estate Agent will get for doing SodAll. £100 to get a professional report on your "investment" is good value. I charge £100 per room for London, and get it.

Reply to
bob

More important is the fact that you cannot do a test without power. Someone is taking the urine.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth