Dropped kerb quotes

+1
Reply to
djc

I have a Classic t-shirt. "Fuck the Poll Tax", it says, in big block caps. Must ebay it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Call it what you want but it is illegal as you dont have a contract for it. About the only thing I can think of that you pay out money and have no contract for what you are paying for. They know its illegal but will bully and threaten you to make sure you pay it. Just the tip of the iceberg....think car, that we THINK we own after paying for it, now look at your DVLA document and you are the registered keeper! not the owner! The list is endless they are conning us big time with so called legislation.

Reply to
SS

Bollocks. I have a receipt from the dealer that says I'm the owner. The DVLA say I'm also the registered keeper. Two different things.

If I bought a car on hire purchase, I'd be the registered keeper before I'd finished paying for it, but I wouldn't own it.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

For once I agree with harry.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ah and then after, ye then actually never OWN the car.

In all consumer shopping things of manufactured worth ye have bought a transferable right to use a particularly arranged lump of assembled materials, but the way they are connected, the design tooling used, and the hardware and software contained, are all still owned by the manufacturing entity or whoever licenses them to make it. Ye don't own the right to make copies for instance...

Think of all the cars (and Hifi, and Computers, and Wine and Cheeses) ye have purchased and enjoyed, and once ye make the trip through the pearly gates all you will have owned is memories of the experience.

But WHAT an experience, good to share ... ;-)

Um, I maybe shouldn't drink Wine mid-day, and I should DIY build my _own_ car. I have this wheel....

:)

Reply to
Adrian C

Scary, isn't it

Reply to
geoff

In message , SS writes

Prat -

Until recently, I owned a van which was kept by my driver

He was the registered keeper, I was the owner

His name was on the V5, I had the bill from Ford

Reply to
geoff

No, they own the rights on the design, not the actual assemblage of metal and plastic that I have purchased

As long as the item is paid for, they have no right of repossession

\Sounds like a good plan for you

Reply to
geoff

This question reminds me of my son-in-laws recent dealings with the local council.

He bought an old cottage which had a very wide drop of the kerb which allowed road surface water to easily run over it and flood into the cottage. I suspect the property had been used as a business in the past and an extension now covered the access road to the side.

When making contact about having it built up to be level with the pavement along that stretch of road the chap immediately became uppity and started to talk about cost. My son-in-law calmly explained that he wasn't trying to get round paying for the work but just wanted guidance on authorisation etc.

A few hours after the conversation he had a return call from the council rep who said that as the conversation had been so amicable he would arrange for the work to be done.

Sounds like abuse of power if an individual can make personal decisions like this.

km

Reply to
km