Double glazing and noise insulation

Whoever fitted the double glazed windows in my property (a few years prior to us purchasing it) didn't do a very good job on some of those windows that open and shut, therefore *not* affording an air/noise-tight fit. I've tried putting some of that draught excluder strip on the insides so it's squeezed when the windows are shut (the self adhesive strip) which has helped a bit but not as much as I had hoped.

Is there anything better/more effective that I could use to put around the opening windows so that when they are closed the seal makes a more effective air and noise-tight fit?

The windows don't appear to be adjustable so there's nothing that I can do in that respect.

Thanks

Reply to
galaxi

I've got a window like that. Could be initial design / installation fault, but quite also due to deformation of the window due to installers not properly supporting the brickwork above the window, i.e. when replacing timber windows. You could try the sort of rubber seal that goes around fridges or car doors. Or the draft excluders that include "brushes". Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Thanks, I'll see what I can find.

Reply to