Dishwasher error says 'filling fault' but it fills (Baumatic BDW10, error code E1)

I'm trying to work out what's wrong with our Baumatic BDW10 dishwasher. It's giving an E1 error at the end of the fill cycle.

I.e. when one starts a cycle:-

The drain pump runs to empty any old water out.

The inlet opens and water goes into the dishwasher.

Now it should start washing, but instead I get the E1 error, even though there is enough water in the dishwasher, or it looks as if there is.

So, what might be wrong? Is it taking too long to fill and only telling me at the end of the fill cycle? Or maybe is it not detecting when it has enough water and just timing out so that it doesn't flood the floor?

Any/all ideas would be welcome. It's a fairly old dishwasher so I'm fairly happy to try moderately drastic solutions! :-) It's all beatifully clean and tidy down underneath though, no corrosion or anything.

Reply to
tinnews

Donno, there is a whitegoods forum/website somewhere that is populated by very helpfull and knowledgable folks.

Could be, I'd look for an pressure operated disphgram switch and check that the tube leading to it isn't blocked and that it operates when you blow down the tube.

Google images for dishwasher pressure switch if you aren't sure what you are looking for.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You might get the exact meaning of E1 from a white goods forum as Dave says.

Does it take a long time to fill? It may be tripping a fill timer. There's often a filter in one end of the filling hose, which might have got blocked with crud.

If the hose has been attached for a long time, you may need to replace the rubber washers if you disurb them and they've gone rock hard. Sometimes the filter is part of one of the rubber washers.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel