Difficult to climb fencing

It certainly does! I used it once and would never voluntarily go near it again.
Interestingly, as it is outlawed in many places, I was in one of Her Majesty's hotels recently where they had razor wire fitted and was told that they are breaking some law or other and get fined for each year it is in place. They prefer to pay the fine and keep the place secure rather than not have it.
I have encountered anti climb paint and as well as stopping climbing it also marks the user and their clothes very well too, so it makes them a bit more traceable in the short term.
--
Bill

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 16:14:20 -0000, "P Bentley"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-High-V-Defence-Mesh-Security-Fencing-Galvanized-and-PPC-Coated-Green-or-Black-/140909675000
Is the stuff you want really.
Can you get a lottery grant for it?
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

"mogga" wrote

This is the stuff they had around the allotment near here that was simply cut out, twice. ttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PALISADE-GALVANISED-METAL-SECURITY-FENCING-52-25M-ALL-HEIGHTS-/110841852121?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Supply_Security_Equipment_ET&var=&hash=item19ceb070d9
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
On 11/03/2014 13:46, Bob Hobden wrote:

You may as well accept that all fences are easy to cut. They only really work if there is some chance of the thief being caught while doing it. If there is nobody passing or likely to see/hear them cutting it you may as well not bother. You could put an alarm on the fence if there is anyone to respond.

Perhaps augmented by a few "Danger -- High Voltage" signs (:-)
Pete
"Peter & Jeanne" wrote

Then they would go after the cable! :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:27:30 +0000, "dennis@home"

One of the reasons for having an allotment event each year is that it makes local residents aware we're here and that we're much better than what used to be here.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

You need to up the observation side of things in the area too there!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

On 11/03/2014 12:52, mogga wrote:

I've just seen some of that freshly installed.
With a padlock and chain on the bit the scrotes pulled off within a fortnight :(
Andy

Having seen many of the contributions about fencing, you may find a moat would be a better bet. A water filled stagnant ditch edged with brambles would be a good deterrent.
--
Bill

We have easy to climb fencing at one corner. The other side is higher than ours. A couple of barrows of manure makes a nice squidgy landing for anyone coming over there.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Was listening to an ex-burglar saying trellis along the top makes it much harder, because it will break one way or another, and the noise attracts attention, which is what they don't like.
--
Andrew Gabriel

when we got burgled some years ago, the noise of breaking glass and splintering woodwork was considered by our nextdoor neighbour to be caused by me cutting down a tree. This despite the facts that a) it was during office hours and b) she was our local Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator.
--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

All too common unfortunately.
In a previous house my neighbour waved at the guy she had disturbed forcing my patio doors, he said "hi" and seemed a nice guy. Luckily he decided to make a quick retreat, my neighbour would have probably offered him a cup of tea!
At my present house I had £15.000:00 of aluminium pump up radio masts stolen and taken away on a flat bed truck. I know how they went because another neighbour watched them and said, afterwards, how efficient and hard working the 2 guys were.
Sometimes I do wonder if the crooks would have to wear black and white striped tee shirts and carry a bag marked SWAG before any one thought they were up to no good.
--
Bill

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:55:12 +0000 (GMT), charles

When we had a door ripped out of its frame by a burglar nobody heard it. When I heard a burglar doing something with a hammer in our neighbours house I thought they were just putting up even more shelves
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

On 13/03/2014 11:55, charles wrote:

That's appalling! I'm a neighbourhood watch coordinator and I would never sit through that sort of noise without checking it out. Mind you, we have just been given an award by the Met Police so we're obviously doing something right. Neighbourhood Watch is about rather more than putting up a sticker and snuggling back down into complacency.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London
On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:04:42 +0000, Spider wrote:

I climbed over my own fence yesterday to reach an area that was blocked by a boat and trailer. I felt it was very dangerous and if it broke or I slipped I would have been injured. Here's my fence:
http://i50.tinypic.com/10deic2.jpg
Two of my neighbours have given me CCTV cameras so I can watch for thieves and vandals. I think I have caught every one of them.
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 07:33:06 +0000 (UTC), MattyF

That's attractive fencing, where did you get it?
Mike
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:28:06 +0000, mail-veil wrote:

I made it myself. I got 600 metres of that timber very cheaply. There are eight panels like this:
http://i46.tinypic.com/33zbf9t.jpg
Note the slots under each rail. The panels sit on large screws into the posts, so I can just lift the panels off for painting or weeding the garden. I put a couple of screws in the back so nobody steals the panels! Here are the two gates:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2r478dg.jpg
Mainly, it's unsatisfying for taggers to paint on my fence so they never have. It's also really difficult to climb over.
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:44:33 +0000 (UTC), MattyF

Thanks for sharing; nice job done