deterring foxes

In message , Mary Fisher wrote

When fox hunting is the only issue that the organisation that represents _everyone_ in the countryside wants to promote the rest of us can only assume that they are posh and rich enough not to be affected by the lack of rural public transport, the reduction of post offices, local shops and local pubs etc.

Reply to
Alan

I expect that they are following the example and methodology of the elected organisation which purports to represent all of us.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Renardine but it expensive,

*Male* human urine, works but you need to put lots of it down almost daily forever. Shot gun Local hunt with only two dogs. ;-(
Reply to
Mark

If the wasps nest is close to inhabited places then wasps nests can be a real pain. We had one about 15 feet from our front door last summer and it could have been dangerous if they had swarmed.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McKay

We only have to wait another month or so and he's history. He isn't standing in the next election, thank goodness.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McKay

If badgers are close to inhabited places theyn they are a real pain.

Wasps don't swarm.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Isn't he???

Good Heavens, I didn't know that! If it's true you've really cheered up my day :-)

But has he said so? And how did you understand what he meant?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

But it isn't ...

Such services need customers. If the customers aren't there they'll lose money and have to close. It's lack of support which causes failure of businesses.

Yes, my first reaction on reading the above (beginning "When fox hunting ... ") was that no one organisation represents any one community. Heck, I don't even represent my family.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Maybe. No personal experience.

Well the quivalent thereof. If their residence appears to be under attack then a whole damn army of them will be making their presence known.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McKay

Hmm, I'm sure I read it somewhere - but I'm blowed if I can find a reference to it now! Nearest I have come is:

Andrew McKay

There is no equivalent.

That's not a swarm.

If your residence appeared to be under attack I reckon you'd make your presence felt - and get as much help as you could.

A swarm is a very special phenomenon, it's when some of the population of a colony of social insects leaves to found another colony. Wasps never do that.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

but you know what he means and knew what he meant when he said it.

pointless usenettery personified (if you know what I mean)

RT

Reply to
[news]

Use the Land Rover. If you don't have one then you're obviously not a farmer so why are you in the countryside ?

Agree this is a problem but see next comment

Locally a farming co-operative got together and bought the pub. It may expand to selling food soon.

Reply to
Mike

er - you know more about what's in my mind than I do?

I don't think I do but perhaps you know better.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

" the suggestion is that Prescott will step down from the Cabinet, stay on the backbenches but then find a position to suit his many talents. Old hands remember that he was once an EU Commissioner. One wag suggests a role in international conflict resolution. "

Many talents. A role in ... conflict resolution.

Hmm.

Something to look out for, thanks for an amusing diversion :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Thank you. I was beginning to feel hen-pecked ;)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McKay

Authoritative or what?

Now tell me about badgers and wasps.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Obviously took a wrong turn when taking the kids to school............

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

Why should I? You just argue incessantly..... ;)

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting usenet messages is configured such that my antispam filter will automatically update itself so that the senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do need to contact me please visit my web site and submit an enquiry -

Andrew McKay

Because you introduced the subject :-)

Mary

Reply to