Deleting one drive from Windows 10?

Is it possible with no detrimental effect? I am hacked off with the prompts continually popping up!

Reply to
John Towill

It depends what / where it is?

Saying ... ?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You should be able to disable the notifications within Action Centre

Reply to
Andy Burns

This might be a reference to OneDrive.exe :-)

Knowing the exact text used in the message, saves a lot of time narrowing down a root cause.

While you can filter off notifications, a second way to improve your life, is to go to the Settings wheel and disable a couple of sliders that generate "advertising".

Or, the OP might be referring to a login box he is seeing.

With computers, a great deal of precision is now needed when describing problems, because there are

*so many* bloody annoyances.

Rather than take a picture of the problem, you can also locate the dialog box as a picture on some web site, and use the URL to that as a way of sharing what you're seeing. For example, for the OneDrive login prompt, I could say "my problem looks like this thing"...

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Thanks for the replies, i havfe now deleted it. Cheers

Reply to
John Towill

If you have Office 365, does it not rely on it?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Yeah, you would have thought I'd take what users say with a pinch of salt by now (after spending most my life in IT support).

As you say, 'OneDrive' not 'one drive' and 'uninstalling' or 'disabling' not 'deleting' ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Not at all. You don't need it to install Office 365 applications. The Office 365 apps can write directly to OneDrive but they can also use local storage, or any other cloud storage platform.

However given you get shed loads of OneDrive store with Office 365, and for commercial users it has better service levels many use it..

Dave

Reply to
David Wade