decent reasonable hand rivet gun

Everyone seems to be selling that swivel head type

under different names and prices. I had the Arrow version but have just bro ken it. A river shaft got jammed in it and I tried dismantling it to have i t explode parts all over the flooe and no way could I re-assemble it. I was n't enamoured of it anyway.

£50-100 would be absolute max as its not a tool I use often
Reply to
fred

I have owned the same item for 30+ years. It has jammed a few times, but I had no problems dismantling and reassembling it. It is basically just a pair of jaws with a spring behind them, held in by a threaded bush at the rear.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

replying to fred, Iggy wrote: I've never had the need yet for the twist head, but they're light duty and only intended for aluminum rivets. If that's fine, then I'd go with the Saber

4-in-1...who finally fixed the Riveter and got rid of changing heads and therefore can't fall apart or at least dump-out its parts
Otherwise, you need a Riveter that's made for alloy and steel rivets. The Stanley 6-MR100 has good reviews, but is a bit pricey
Draper 27842 is a little less expensive to help out the budget
Iggy

Iggy thanks for the input. Not sure that I need one for steel but the Stanley one looks good

Reply to
fred

Iggy,

have you considered installing a proper newsgroup reader like Thunderbird ?.

Homeowners hub is just collecting advertising revenues from people like you.

Reply to
Andrew

replying to Andrew, Iggy wrote: Nah, I did newsgroups and usenet garbage 20-years ago. They've only gotten worse and fully corrupted, when they should've been the Wiki's of the world. I suspect HOH tried to get the old world into the new, but they again reject any help, improvement and larger audience.

Hopefully, HOH just goes to copying and pasting questions from wherever to create more of a Wiki and severs ties with the old world. Real Askers aren't actually needed, since 99% of them never respond back to anything. And, no reason to have a site that keeps answering the same questions.

That's where Stack Exchange, Quora, Ask, All Experts (laughable), Wikihow, etc. all have it wrong. Build a community that actually works together to come up with the most complete and accurate answers of anything, with pictures, diagrams and bullet-point steps. Would change the world.

Reply to
Iggy

I have a lazy tongs, plenty of power for steel as well as alloy rivets. Only downside is that it won't work in tight spaces, of course. I use Rivnuts for these, with the proper tool (the "pliers" type are not really strong enough).

Reply to
newshound