curved substructure drainage

What type of curves are you allowed in buried sewer pipes ? I have to get a pipe from a new understairs loo to the vicinity of the soil pipe near the back door, channelling through kitchen floor. A straight length will not allow me to get there ! TIA, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

You need to be able to get drain rods through it from one end or the other. You can have a 45 or 90 degree angle in it as long as you put a rodding access point at the corner to enable it to be rodded both ways. If a rodding access point in your kitchen floor is acceptable, that's the way to go - otherwise you need to find a way of having a straight run - unless the BCO lets you have a gentle curve all the way.

Reply to
Set Square

that's the sort of thing I was thinking - can you get smooth gently curved pipes ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

You could use some 110mm of the stuff the gas/waterboard use, that comes on a coil. It WILL have a curve, you have to straighten it out. it WILL be expensive.

Oh, and is VERY difficult to handle.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Have a look at the Osma Drain information - and particularly at

which is a long radius 45 degree bend. I don't know whether you'd be allowed to use one of those in the middle of your run without rodding access. Ask your BCO.

Reply to
Set Square

If the above link doesn't work very well, try:

select Osma Drain under Find a Product / System Name - and select Page 5 of the pages on offer.

Reply to
Set Square

AFAIK, pipe runs should be straight and inspection chambers at any change of direction or connection.

I have never known a domestic WC that could not be connected to existing drainage with anything other than straight runs

dg

Reply to
dg