Curing persistent smoke damage?

A couple of years ago I had a serious fire, the most damage was in the kitchen, the source of the fire. The bathroom, which was little affected, had a small area of smoke damage on the white emulsion wall. Despite several attempts to get rid of it by re-emulsioning and sealing with PVA the affected area, after a few weeks the marks re-appear. Any suggestions please for a permanents solution? I really do not wish to remove the plaster and re-plaster.

Reply to
Broadback

Zinsser BIN claims to cover fire damage

Andy Burns

How to paint over fire damage

alan_m

That last link should have been

alan_m

You just need a different sealer, PVA doesn't work for everything. Aluminium flake paint is used for fire damage.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Decorate it in the same colour as the smoke? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thank you Brian, and goodnight! :-)

Reply to