corrugated flat-tip nails for larch fence panels

I need to do some creative carpentry to fit openings in a larch lap panel to go around a tree which is obstructing it near the top and bottom. I can get the matching wood parts of exactly the right size and can probably recover some nails by getting a new open trellis fence top 6'x2' and dismantling it. But where can more nails be sourced. These are bronzed corrugated 25mm x

2mm approx with flat tips instead of a point. Conventional types of nails with points always split the thin panel strips, and do severe damage to the thicker structural bits of wood as well. No nails like this are to be had in the sheds or at Screwfix. The last resort is to use wood screws, which look a bit naff.

thanks

rusty

Reply to
Rusty

dismantling it.

why dont you give us a pic, sounds odd to me. I half wonder if theyre corrugated fixings rather than nails. Scrwefix do those.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Why not use ordinary nails but drill pilot holes?

Reply to
Rob Morley

here's a picture (after long pause to charge camera batteries.). The fence panel is just from the local Focus DIY.

items slice through the wood like butter and there seems to be non-removal tag to stop them coming out.

rusty

Reply to
Rusty

bigcat

fragile that it splits as the point goes in. But I could use these after filing the ends off, depending how hard they are.

rusty

Reply to
Rusty

Annular ring shank nails - the bits hanging off are just where they were wired together in a strip to feed into a nail gun.

Reply to
Rob Morley