Corrugated asbestos/cement garaging roofing

AS I say, mine appeared to be dust, not fibre. the older ones had a slightly bluish tinge to them and were made with fibres like some pipe lagging one used to see. There was quite a lot of that in Battersea power station when it was decommissioned. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Normally there are some quite stout angle sections running the length near the ridge. These can rust, they had in the one I had taken down, but its hard to tell without going up close. Looked particularly at the welds.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

So what is holding it up then? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

You obviously don't know anyone close die from mesothelioma. I have and as usual you're talking rot.

Reply to
Fredxx

And did he catch that from going on a cement roof once? No.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Given her only contact would have been the clothes her husband wore, no, you're right. She never went on a cement roof.

Reply to
Fredxx

The death toll has been huge. But not from asbestos cement sheet, it's loose fibres that are the problem. It's one of those topics on which misinformation is too often swallowed.

Those working in the asbestos industry were routinely exposed to huge levels of fibre. Not surprisingly they also took it home on/in their clothes, hair, car etc.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thats a very good idea! I was thinking of some sort of scaffolding bridge, but a cherry picker makes sense, especially as I wouldn't need access from my neighbour.

As long as you don't get the up/down levers mixed up....

Reply to
nitecard

If you do use sheet materials to load spread, put some softening under it. Carpet underlay or similar to minimise point contact loading.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think by the time you have hired a cherry picker and considering the lifetime of the rest of the roof it might be cost effective to remove and replace.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky