corrosion of copper and/or aluminium with water softener and systemate2000

We have a Systemate2000 about 7 yrs old. More recently we installed a salt based softener to reduce scum and hardness. I've just seen a warning on a new system I noticed in a building development I was visiting saying'system contaims aluminium heat exchanger and chemical softener must not be fitted'. Can anyone tell me if I should remove the softener and why, please? We have also noticed a 'bluish stain' forms below the basin taps. Is this a separate copper corrosion problem?

Reply to
alan gent