Cordless Chainsaw

In article , snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk writes: |> > |> > At a guess, safety regulations. It is possible (even likely) that |> > the cordless ones escaped some regulations by an accident of wording, |> > and the loophole has been closed. Bringing them up to regulations |> > could well be too expensive, or make them unattractive to users. |> > |> I can't see anything specifically more dangerous about the cordless |> chainsaws when compared with an 'ordinary' mains powered one or even a |> petrol engined one. ...

That's not what I said. I was referring to WEAKER regulations for cordless ones being changed to be the SAME. It's possible.

Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Reply to
Nick Maclaren

This is possible. I know that the Makita was classified as a cordless pruner rather than a chainsaw, so you didn't need the same employee chainsaw certificate. See

a description.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Ah yes - hadn't spotted that.

Al

PS Can you sharpen a chainsaw or do you replace the chain?

Reply to
Al Reynolds

I'm lazy, I send them off for sharpening. I have three chains for my mains powered chainsaw so I can send two at a time and still have the third working.

If you have patience and/or the right tools it's a fairly simple job to sharpen a chainsaw chain.

Reply to
usenet

If anyone is still listening to this thread there were (at least) three of the B&Q Cordless loppers on the shelf at our local B&Q yesterday. That's the B&Q warehouse on the East side of Ipswich.

Reply to
usenet