Cooling a house

If you do that too then you get a repeated-cycle cooling machine capable of reaching absolute zero.

For my initial suggestion one need only not think at all. When you get as sophisticated as being aware there are laws of thermodynamics involved, and thinking up excuses to avoid them, then you can really achieve stuff!

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

If you do that too then you get a repeated-cycle cooling machine capable of reaching absolute zero.

For my initial suggestion one need only not think at all. When you get as sophisticated as being aware there are laws of thermodynamics involved, and thinking up excuses to avoid them, then you can really achieve stuff!

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Well IMM does it in every thread related to a heating or energy issue so it must be possible, just like perpetual motion.

Hmm. Quite an apt term really. Perpetual motion.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

An air handling unit indoors and a heat exchanger unit outdoors. They are joined by a 3m self-sealing umbilical that will go through a 50mm hole, although I usually just stick it through a partly-opened window.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

In message , Andy Hall writes

I'll fetch his commode.

Reply to
stejonda_privacy

They are two physically seperate units. The heat exchanger is attached to the wall on the outside of the house and the inside unit is put in the required room. The two units are then connected by piping which goes through the wall. This means that only a very small hole is needed in the wall.

Reply to
Ric

And better yet, it doesn't constantly suck in hot air from outside, like the monobloc units do, which places a severe limit on their performance.

Reply to
Huge

Does the heat exchanger unit outdoors have a fan to pull air through the unit?

Graham

Reply to
Graham Wilson

In message , Graham Wilson writes

Reply to
stejonda_privacy

hehe :)

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Andy you don't know about heating, so how would you know?

Reply to
IMM

Yes. It is powered and controlled by the indoor unit, through an electrical connection in the umbilical. The umbilical also circulates the heat transfer fluid between the two units. It works in exactly the same way as a fixed air conditioning system, except that I can move it from room to room. It is more expensive to buy this type of air conditioning (ISTR it was about £700 second hand), but it is much more effective than the single unit systems.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar