Converting one-way light switch

Not really ... I know enough not to be stupid.

There's enough ppl who flame for not trying the basics first or Googling a bit. Like I said, there was not going to be a fire as a result of trying what I was proposing, so there was little harm in trying.

Not a luxury I have with a baby on the way in 6 weeks and a sh*t-load of other stuff needing urgent attention!!

al

turned

Well, that is a mater of opinion - bad drivers never consider themselves as bad drivers...

understand.

Googling a

How did you know this, yet you didn't know that what you were doing would not work, sorry but you are adding two plus two and coming up with five as the answer IMO...

sh*t-load of

Well at least you know how to do something right, or was that also an accident waiting to happen ?!...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

No. I was the OP and my post about converting a light switch to two-gang has nothing to do with a kitchen. al replied to the wrong thread, making all of the subsequent replies very confusing.

Antony

Reply to
antgel

That's very considerate. I'd encourage you to ask before making mistakes which could prove fatal to yourself too.

:-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You are right, I missed that.

Still, who cares?

Reply to
John Rumm

Googling a

I agree with Al on this one. As long as you know not to connect L or N to the E, on a lighting circuit you could pretty well connect the other wires up at random and not cause a danger. A handy feature of lighting circuits for newbies.

Reality decides the day.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

minor

The poor bod who comes along next - which is the only real reason there are set colours for conductors etc., I know what I've done, you know what you've done but neither of use know what each other has done IYSWIM.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I know what I've done... but often forget it after a while. I've been right puzzled by former work on rare occasions.

There would be many accidents if we didnt use standard conductor colour codes, but not using part p wouldnt cause any such increase.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

In fact it was not the OP who added "kitchen" to the question... so outside of part taking the Pee...

I can think of a good few reasons for having set colours other than that!

Well if we both do it to BS7671 then there is not going to be a problem is there?

Reply to
John Rumm

I've just noticed that .... *scratches head* ...

and to think ... Jerry might love me after all ;o)

al