Conversion above a garage to create a storage area......

I have a single semi-detached garage of 5m by 2.5m.

The 5m party wall is a double skin breeze block wall.

The rear 2.5m exterior wall is a double skin wall too with the back door.

The front is 2.5m wide and has an up and over garage door with a lintel and a couple of courses of double skin brickwork.

The remaining 5m wall is a sking skin red brick wall with two vertical reinforcing pillar at 1/3 and 2/3 of the 5m run of wall.

Diorectly above all this are 5 fink trusses at 60cm centres and the roof is 50 degrees pitch with redland roofing tiles.

I want to be able to use the garage loft space as a storage area.

CLearly teh Fink trusses are not designed to take the weight so I need to work out a way of builing a new supporting system of joists so that I can then lay Caberfloor chipboard onto these new joists without putting an load on the existing Fink trusses.....

It is not going to a habitable room so don't want to spend too much money.

Any ideas?

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen