condensate pipe

It is convenient to connect a boiler 3/4" plastic condensate drain pipe to a 110mm grey soil stack pipe. There are straps that wrap around the stack making a tee piece with a hole cut in and 32mm pipe and the likes connected. This is commonly available. I haven't see any on these that connect onto a 3/4", or is it 21mm, plastic condensate pipe. Anyone know if and where they are avialable?

TIA and happy new year to you all

Reply to
timegoesby

In article , snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com writes

Adaptors are available, you could use a strap on solvent boss for a larger size of pipe then there are solvent adaptors to get you down to the right size. You may also be able to get a direct rubber adaptor which would have the benefit of being easy to dismantle in case of problems.

is your friend

Sorry not to give full details but am in a bit of a rush.

Thx, and you

Reply to
fred

Yes, you can get solvent weld adaptors that will take you from the

21.5mm overflow size to 32 or 40mm waste size.

parts 11939 or 11940

or from plumbers merchants - I think OSMA makes them.

Don't forget that if you do this, you need to have some form of trap between the boiler and the soil pipe.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks. Why would I need a trap teeing into the 110mm grey stack pipe when I don't need one teeing into any other drain pipe?

Reply to
timegoesby

All connections to a soil stack need a trap. However, there's very likely to be one in the boiler anyway, as it's also required to stop the flue gasses leaving the boiler via the condensate pipe. You might want to include an air admitance valve in the pipework though, so that no pressure changes in the drain can suck the boiler's trap dry.

Also would suggest not routing the 22mm pipework outdoors. My boiler requires any outdoor condensate pipework to be at least 32mm, to reduce chance it will block with ice in cold temperatures.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel