Condensate

That as maybe but Jerk was commenting on the photo in the Ipswich Star link of a Tunnel at Ipswich which does have overhead lines.

In the past I have seen photos of such wagons for use where they can be used but cannot remember any UK example, in places where the problem is frequent like some of the higher North American routes routes they had them.

One of the UK canals had something similar for a canal tunnel but its main use was for removing soot deposited by steam powered craft.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Fairy nuff.

Reply to
Tim Streater

It's southern region. 3rd rail 800v DC,. No overhead 25Kv stuff.

But there are lineside signalling and power cables that might get skewered.

Reply to
Andrew

If it really was balanced and not fan flued, then it will have not have been very efficient.

Reply to
Andrew

It was very effective though. As it was 35 years ago and lasted for 32 years I think it was a good buy.

Reply to
dennis

The overhead wires are visible up amongst the Icicles. Ipswich is nowhere near the former southern region.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

It's the Norwich to Liverpool Street line.

Reply to
Huge

I recall a post here when domestic condensing boilers first appeared, where the condensate pipe dripped onto a conservatory roof. The roof didn't survive the 4' icicle which broke away and smashed through it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel