circular saws - ideas for £80

Looking to spend around £80. any suggestions on make and model.

Have seen a bosch dks66 for £66 (ex vat) in Marko, and it going for over £95 on the web.

Uses - building a shed and laying flooring.

I heard that you can also mount circ saws in a table top upside down to turn it into a table saw!!

Reply to
mp

Skil - Classic or Legend

Second-hand big Makita

Then get a second blade too. The usual blade is OK for ripping, but a fine plywood blade will save you a lot of grief with chipping.

No, you turn it into an upside down circular saw. Just don't do it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hello Andy

Seconded. A very nicely put together saw. Had mine for two years and gets more use than any other power tool except the hammer drill and the cordless driver, and is still as-new. The Fermi it replaces was completely dead after a couple of months of the same use.

Or you may lose the ability to count to ten.

Reply to
Simon Avery

In that price bracket, Skil is a good buy.

This is a bad idea. In an ordinary table top it's downright dangerous unless you can arrange the right guards and riving knife arrangement - not easy to do with what comes with a circular saw and high risk of losing fingers.

If you want a table saw capability, then buy a table saw. Those costing in the £150 region will do a reasonable job for the tasks you describe if you take time to set them correctly.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I was in B&Q Reading earlier today and wandered aimlessly around the tools section (as I'm prone to do). Came across a couple of items which might be of interest.

They do a 1500W table saw for £60. Undoubtedly a pile of s**te compared with the big boys, but it might be of use for general DIY type work.

They also do a smaller 1200W (?) table saw for £30 which looked eminently transportable. It crossed my mind to buy one, but in the end I passed up the offer on the basis that there are other things that I want more.

PoP

PoP

So I'm not the only one that does that! Every time I go into that store I seem to end up in that section trying to justify the purchase of another powertool.

I wonder if there's a name for the condition?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Yep. Toolaholism.

There are support groups available...

"My name's Andy and I'm a toolaholic."

"Hello Andy"

etc. etc.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I sometimes feel that Discovery have stolen a title for one of their programs based upon me - "He's gotta have it!".

PoP

PoP

Low standards

Reply to