Choosing a boiler - again.

No it won't. It's both taller and wider.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mad trolls usually do.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Try another make. Duh!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Now I've finally got their PDFs to work it would appear the Vitodens 300

26kW suitable for what I want - I'm assuming that has at least the same output as an 80,000 BTU type?

I'm a bit confused about which extras are needed for installing on an outside wall - I've not really waded through the options. A recommendation as to where to buy would help too. This is the best price I've seen so far:-

Dave Plowman (News)

Take a visit to Television Centre. It's on the guided tour past the studios, as is the control column, unless they've moved it in the last year or so.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Like yourself you mean?

If anyone on this group knows anything about what the TARDIS was made out of Mr Plowman will, seeing that IIRC he worked on the some of the original productions.

Reply to
:Jerry:

Don't suggest that, he will be like Frank Spencer in the ultra-modern house! - if you remember that episode. Must say, it would boost ITV's viewing figures with the entire BBC off air...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Such wit.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Heh heh. Most TV chippy shops only use blockboard. MDF and chipboard have H&S issues.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Duh yourself. Not noticed you being any help - as usual.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I worked on Ep1. Which was made twice by different crews in different studios. Don't know which one got transmitted. I do remember my crew thought it rubbish and would never make a series. Also remember Hartnell being a miserable sod.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I am helping you no end.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Given your encyclopedic knowledge of maker's catalogues I'd have thought you'd have been able to offer me several choices of what I want - rather than what you think I need. But then I should no better than to expect this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are an ungrateful plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Or could use RAVV with a 2-way valve body such as RAV, VMT or VMA.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Using a 2-way valve body may stop pump flow 100% with the pump pumping on nothing. Not good. A 3-way diverts the flow to ensure full flow. A 2-way could be used with a flow switch to switch the pump off if no flow. It may work out cheaper that way. Or use a Grundfos Alpha pump. Not sure how the Alpha would respond - it would need a mock-up and observation to observe the DHW temp stability.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This also ensures that the returned water is quite cool too keep the bottom of the cylinder cool which is good for condensing efficiency.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel