CH Underfloor pipe leak

The best type of damp meter to use is a capacitance or radio wave type meter. This should be used at say 300 mm ccs over the floor and a contour map of the readings made The focal point of dampness can then be measured. Another thought is to use an infra red thermometer and see if the leaking water is hotter as there is better transfer to the concrete - you will have to do this just as it warms up and move smartly. As the pipe will be warmer nearer the start than the finish this is not a terribly good way of doing it but you may get lucky Chris

Reply to
Chris George

Indeed! Otherwise, I'd expect the wet bits to be *cooler* due to evaparation.

Reply to
Roger Mills

As an update: plumber came out. Isolated GF, pressure stays fine. We now have to arrange reconnecting the GF radiators. We're not going to dig the floor up.

Reply to
Chris Bartram