Central heating - get to temperature then burner hunts

My Glowworm Compact 100 boiler does not heat the radiators enough. When the boiler gets up to temperature the burner cuts in for about 5 seconds then stops for 1 minute then continually repeats it. Any ideas

Mark

Reply to
Mark Doherty

Try the manufacturer's technical dept - I had occasion to ring Worcester's earlier this week. My combi boiler wouldn't fire up after being drained to add a rad to the system. They diagnosed a faulty pressure switch, gave me the part number, and once I found it locally and fitted it, I was up and running within three hours of the failure.

Reply to
Paper2002AD

What temperature does the water actually leave the boiler at?

If it is hot, then the boiler may not be at fault. You might have a poorly balanced system, a broken zone valve or pump that prevents the hot water being pumped through the radiators.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

If it gets up to temperature then the flame must cut off or the temperature will continue to rise! Are you saying that the heat is not being circulated around the radiators? If so perhaps a flow restriction is your problem. The compact has an internal bypass which if this is all that is clear to flow through will lead to symptoms such as you describe. Did this problem start following someone doing some work on the system or is it a slow developing thing?

Reply to
John