Central Heating Expansion Tank Keeps filling Itself!

In message , BraileTrail writes

Total AND absolute bollocks

how's that?

What diffusion ?

There is no semi permeable membrane, there is no diffusion between the CH and DHW

If you have CH water in the DHW, it's called a LEAK

if you really don't understand, better get a man in

Reply to
geoff

Since you're going have to replace your hot cylinder, why not get a new one with a quick recovery coil and - at the same time - convert your system to an S-Plan or Y-Plan rather than C-Plan - and get much faster hot water than you get with your gravity system, as well as the other advantages of a fully-pumped system?

Reply to
Roger Mills

In message , Roger Mills writes

We got some quotes after we moved in to change the boiler and do just that with either a) replace the cylinder with a fast recovery model or b) replace the cylinder and storage tanks by a thermal store.

The cost was somewhat higher than expected so I started doing little bits myself to keep the system going. We are now at the point where we have to decide whether to keep patching things until the boiler finally packs up or go for the works now.

BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember BraileTrail saying something like:

You must excuse him, he's an American.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying something like:

70s band, iirc.

Indeed.

Not even that.

Reply to