Cement setting times in current weather

No harm results from leaving it longer. If the concrete was too wet drying the surface wouldn't help anyway. And if the concrete is properly constituted then the longer you leave it the less likely removal will damage the surface.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Isn't that the problem - determining when its strong enough not to fall off? Leaving a quarter bucket of left over 4:1 mix in a pile recently in the cold probably suggests a MINIMUM of 48 hours and more like twice that before I would be confident enough to start banging around it to get shuttering off.

Reply to
alan_m

Well, because i'm highly impatient and somewhat reckless I took it off yesterday afternoon and it was OK, it had been in place just under 24 hrs.

Reply to
R D S