Cavity Wall Insulation Slabs for loft?

I have a pack of left over 75mm Glass Fibre Insulation slabs from the building of my extension.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use them to top up my loft insulation? (Superglass - Superwall)

Reply to
DerbyBorn

They are a bit on the heavy side for in a loft if they are the dense things that I think you mean. But if the beams are strong enough...

Reply to
Martin Brown

I used the left over cavity wall batts as extra insulation in my loft.

mark

Reply to
mark

No reason whatever, carry on.

Reply to
harryagain

just what do you think he means?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Compacted glass fibre slab for putting in walls. It is a lot heavier per unit area than the fluffy stuff you usually put into a loft. I suspect it would go right through the ceiling of a modern build house.

Reply to
Martin Brown

got a link?

if "compacted" how does it work as an insulant then?

Cavity batts don't weigh anything like enough to bring a ceiling down.

I think you're thinking of something else...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

75mm solid glass?