Car battery

Halfords claim to do it for £20-£30. I wonder whether they know about all the complications of codes and resetting?

Reply to
Max Demian

No, but they know how to add a secondary battery before they disconnect the first :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Job done Max. Like for like battery with clip leads to maintain the supply. Much upthread discussion about necessity for coding the battery change. Clearly a change to a non stop/start type would risk incorrect charging provision. I haven't yet checked to see if the car has noticed any change:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The ones that killed you in a head-on crash, or threw you out of the door in a roll-over crash, knocking off the fuel cap in the process and occasionally turning it into a giant catherine wheel.

Reply to
Andrew

and won the Monte Carlo Rally

Reply to
charles

With a roll-over cage, wider wheels and tyres and driven by professional drivers too.

Reply to
Andrew

It was from the 1950s, what do you expect. The crash footage of a belair vs a modern chevy was shocking. Not a question of whether the driver survived, but whether the rear seat occupants survived. Front seaters had no chance.

Reply to
Animal

I remember seeing one drive into a concrete wall at Kyalami race track. At around 100mph. Ok there were a couple of tyres in the way. It leapt about 8 feet in the air, settled down with a crash, and everything went quiet. Then the driver got out and threw his gloves at it in disgust. Full roll cage and race harness....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

One of many

Reply to