Candy Fridge Freezer not working

Hi can anyone help me with a fault on my Candy Fridge Freezer?

Strangly enough it works (fan & cooler) when you depress the Super button, otherwise it does still seem to sense the temperature, but only the fan comes on, (however i'm sure i heard the compressor squeak, as if trying to start). All the other stuff works ok, such as the heating element.

Please can someone help..

Reply to
Alex

The boost button by-passes the main thermostat contacts in the switch gear, so try tapping the box that contains the switch system that the thermostat operates. The metal contacts inside might be burned out or covered in a carbon layer due to sparking over. They may just need cleaned off, but it is better if you can replace them for new and get another few years out the machine.

Trace the thermostat back to the main switching box and then have a look inside, if possible, and find out what condition the contacts are in.

Reply to
BigWallop