Cable management - small scale

In a room with dot/dabbed plasterboard walls, I want to install some cheap and cheerful cable management. There are two, perhaps three computers, a pair of routers, an airport extreme - that sort of scale of thing. At the minute the cabling is a spaghetti mess with trip hazards.
One end wall of the room will have a row of desks with the computers on, and perhaps the routers/phones at one end.
I'd like the cabling to run along that wall mebbe a foot above desk height. Can anyone recommend a simple-to-install cable management system not using trunking? The cabling doesn't need to be hidden, just tidy, off the floor, and accessible. I did wonder about velcro loops every foot or so.
--
Lady Astor: "If you were my husband I'd give you poison." Churchill: "If
you were my wife, I'd drink it."
On 26/06/16 17:09, Tim Streater wrote:

I routed a 1"x.5" slot into a long strip of wood, and set a length of square section trucking inside that. Looks a lot less naff than the trunking alone. This could be extended with multiple trunking stripes and the application of paint for the wood.
Can't you put up shelves on the wall and hide the cables under?
Or knock holes and thread behind the PB?
--
Adrian C

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 17:09:42 +0100, Tim Streater

It's hard to imagine why trunking would be impractical in that situation. Self adhesive trunking is quite readily available and can be removed without too much mess. The lid is readily removable for modifications incidentally.
If the above isn't practical Cable ties are nearly as versatile as Velcro and Screwfix do flat self adhesive bases also.
It's going to look horrible and if any of the cables are carrying power then I personally would never use such an exposed means of fixing.
AB

In our last house, I screwed some plastic things that had what I can only describe as "claws" to the wall. They had about 4 or 6 "fingers" that interlinked and allowed cables to be added or removed easily. I've tried to google some pictures for you, but I can't find any, but they look like if you place your wrists together, palms facing, with your fingers cupped. Think of a row of these, side by side, mounted on a base plate that can be screwed to the wall;
https://az849230.vo.msecnd.net/images/moreviews1/RM242_PCS.jpg
Perhaps screw some of these to the wall;
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX8nRFgmxmFEybJbJNfhz9-gXlULeUBvn0AhDEdLeRR1ddU9ua
--
Today is Boomtime, the 31st day of Confusion in the YOLD 3182
I don't have an attitude problem.

Thanks for the suggestions. Either of those could also be goers - more rigid than cable ties, too. But, longer to install.
I think I need to do a cable audit next and plan the layout, cable lengths etc. That means getting down and dirty with the existing cabling mumble mumble.
--
"... you must remember that if you're trying to propagate a creed of
poverty, gentleness and tolerance, you need a very rich, powerful,
Huge wrote:

And over the next fortnight they'll rip the pockets and belt-loops off every pair of trousers you own ...

Only if I clamber on the desks and start gibbering like a monkey.
Errr ...
On Sunday, 26 June 2016 18:03:04 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Slotted trunking is even easier to make modifications to as the lid can remain continuous and 'fingers' can be snapped off to allow cables to exit.
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Self-Adhesive-Slotted-Trunking-Black-38x25mmx2m/p/109656
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200825306191
With the lid on it's probably rigid enough to only need 1 screw fixing per metre, so not a lot of making good required when removed.
Owain

The two computers need four sockets between them. I'm wondering what the other 11 are for (I did get as far as counting them).
--
"If you're not able to ask questions and deal with the answers without feeling
that someone has called your intelligence or competence into question, don't
On 6/26/2016 7:02 PM, Tim Streater wrote:

I have 22 occupied sockets on the spreaders around my desk. That's two PCs and a laptop, three printers, router, bridge, four external hard drives, 8 port USB spreader. I'm pretty sure they all do something!
On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 21:36:28 +0100, newshound

Spreaders??
Wots a spreader? AB
in message wrote:

What is more often called a USB hub, turns a single USB port into a number them.
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

+1
Assuming a modest number of cables, I'd use self-adhesive cable clips within the trunking to keep things neat. It's no more work than clipping directly to the wall, and leaves less mess.
--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England