Briggs & Stratton fuel additive to prevent gum formation

Same here (Northampton) - took a gamble on it needing another one so that I could drain the oil from the hot engine. Looked at the grass yesterday and, in 2 weeks, it needs a trim otherwise it'll be a scythe job by late February!

Reply to
PeterC

I've used 'Mechanic in a Bottle' on my 2 stroke machinery when I've had a problem with them. Cleans the carb out and definitely assisted the performance without stripping down. It was recommended to me by the local machinery dealer.

Reply to
Mark Allread

Reply to
Huge

Drain? Oil? My petrol pushabout hasn't had an oil change in the 23 years I've owned it.

Reply to
Huge

Yeah, right. Perhaps when you've a postage stamp sized piece of grass to cut.

Reply to
Huge

Have you topped it up here and there, though?

Reply to
Tim Streater

*grin* Yep.
Reply to
Huge

There's a car that can break your wrist if you don't let go of the handle.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

You can get electric mowers that are bigger, just like you can get petrol mowers that are bigger.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Habit(?). My first 2 bikes were Hondas, so changing oil in a Honda is ingrained.

Reply to
PeterC