[SOLVED] Bosch tumble drier fault: EMPTY CONTAINER indicated wrongly (2023 Update)

Now you see, that has not been my experience with vacuum cleaner bits. The problem is, and this is universal, that if you were to make a whole unit with spares a kettle would cost the best part of 200 quid and a vacuum probably as much as a Meale or Dysan. grin. In the end to get over the broken plastic spring on the back filter I used two self tapping screws instead, having first checked the clearance and that they would go nowhere near any electrical parts of course. With Kettles though, often the makers name is just a badge. Kettles cannot be repaired and are considered expendable, just like Toasters, where I'll never buy another Tefal as they kept on breaking or bits fell off like knobs.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Original thread started 6 years ago, latest update 1 year ago.

That's recent for Home Owner's Hub.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

My dryer it keeps saying container and beeps what is it goes on for about ten minutes and say container

Reply to
Ann

Look back up the thread. I answered this three years ago (and the question is even older).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thanks for all this. Got up this morning to find my Serie 6 condenser dryer showing a spurious reservoir full message - it should drain directly to waste water pipe. Dismantled per instructions above. Pump runs freely but sensor covered in gunk. Cleaned up and mopped out the sump, re assembled and I think now all OK - water audibly draining.

Reply to
Bromptonaut

This helped a lot - googled widely to figure out where the damn pump/sensor is and actually took the machine quite a bit apart. Was slightly humbled to find that you can access the pump/sensor without having to open a single screw :)

My issue was not the pump, just that there was gunk in the sensor so it was always trigger the water full event.

Reply to
jjoki

Ah, you mean that 'Empty Container' was an instruction instead of descriptive information? But after 8 years, does it really matter any more?

Reply to
Davey

An old post, but probably more relevant now than it was then. I find many kettles can be repaired with nothing more than a bit of furious waggling!

Reply to
Animal

Well that probably depends on how they are designed these days I suppose. I had heard so many stories about tumble driers that I never bothered to get one. Its actually cheaper to dry cloths in a spare box room with a dehumidifier in it. Brian Its a bit like Dishwashers, You have to clean a lot of the crud off first so why bother? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Although if you have a heat pump tumble dryer and run it on the slower eco programs, it is effectively a dehumidifier, with included tumbling action.

Reply to
SteveW

old wives tale...

You stick them in, push the button, they come out cleaner than if washed by hand using less energy, water, and detergent. Why would you not bother?

Reply to
John Rumm

My view. However, perhaps you would like to take this up with my wife who is a rinser!

Very occasionally our Bosch dishwasher produces plates which have tiny bits of crud baked to the surface. I have a vague theory this might be caused by rapid re-use where the dishwasher is still hot from the previous cycle.

Also I am banned from using the machine for glasses. To be fair, we have had glasses go *milky* after a number of washes.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

I inherited one from my dad but have never used it.

I dry clothes on the line outside, but then I'm not in a soggy little frigid island off the west coast of europe.

Nope, nothing like.

Bullshit you do.

Because you don't.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Seems to happen with some very cheap glass and expensive lead crystal. Our cheap wine glasses go through all the time with no issues.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Never get that with my Bosch.

Never get that with any of my dishwashers except with one particular detergent pellet. When I complained, got a full refund and a year or two later got a free box of pellets after they had fixed the problem with their formulation.

Reply to
farter

I'm allowed to wash glasses in it, but she does object to car parts!

You actually have to be careful with car parts - we cleaned up parts of a friend's SU carburettor in mine (before I was married) and it actually stripped the chrome plating off the needle.

Reply to
SteveW