Bollocks - a parting gift for the old van

I scraped it on concrete fence post on Friday.

The fucker owes me one after all the times I have spent waiting for the AA to turn up and tow it away for repair.

It's got 5 days to get it's revenge.

And the 69 plate Peugeot it f****ng smart. The display already says "700 miles till the engine will not start"

Reply to
ARW

Thing is, vans are not sentient beings, so you are wasting your time. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Nor are nails but they always puncture the best tyre.

Reply to
ARW

Really? "Resistentialism". Jennings, 1963, I think, wrote "Report on Resistentialism". Worth a read.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

They might have a mind of their own, as everything else:

Max Demian

That is interesting my post did not make it here but you saw it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Reply to
Richard

OK, there is a school of thought that if you alone use a device, whatever it may be, it will last for years, but if use is shared it will more likely go wrong. I have not done mega studies on this, but when I worked at a tv factory in the 1960s We often used test regs to test the assembled circuit boards. The cables would last for ever if I was using it, however two weeks holiday, and somebody ellse used it, the minute I started back wires would go intermittent or switches fail etc. It seems like the bending slightly differently or the different pressure on switches made it unreliable. I sold a TV once to a woman which had been working for several years. About three weeks after I sold it, the on off switch failed. It was just a simple mechanical push push latching switch. I had to pay half the repair costs, but why did it fail?

These sort of things are nothing to do with things having a mind of their own, they are purely down to the pattern or method of using a device. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Reminds me of the old man who complained that his pipe would never draw properly if he filled it from his friend's pouch.

Reply to
Max Demian

I have never turned it off on my car:-)

I'll get the AC pressure tested and re-gassed if needed on the van.

The old van now has another week to torment me as the new one is getting deadlocks fitted.

Reply to
ARW