Boiler cycling

I have an oil fired boiler which has been munching away at the oil sinc

we moved into the house recently (200 pounds worth of oil for a month this is a lot???). I never heard of boiler cycling until recently an I'm not sure how the boiler is cycling but is there any info on ho long a boiler should be firing for and if it is cycling too much can i be adjusted ????

Any info much appreciated - have search hi and lo but can't seem t find to much on it

-- Fatboise

Reply to
Fatboise

Ouch - how big is the house - stately home?

The boiler WILL cycle as it will have an on/off thermostat controlling the burner based on the temperature of the water in the boiler. We need some useful data such as BTU/hour rating of boiler and whether it is a combi, conventional flue, balanced flue, when it was last serviced, what the system controls are. With this background we can make some contribution.

Reply to
John