Best way to lay traditional Norfolk pamment floor

We have 300 year old farmhouse (brick, flint and lime mortar construction) and planning to lay traditionally made Norfolk pamment floor tiles. There is evidence they were there before. My research says you should ensure the base layer is breathable otherwise the moisture may be forced out elsewhere. Have tried many times to call the SPAB for advice but not been able to get through. Any thought or advice on how best to lay them so that kitchen and a cast iron range cooker can be installed, would be gratefully received.

Reply to
LMS

Looks very like what I'd call quarry tiles. I don't believe these provide any way out for moisture.

Reply to
newshound

And the way out for the moisture is via the ground outside

seal em in

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher