Best filler

I have put the piss coat on my newly plastered walls, but there are small craters showing. What is the best filler to use here. I need something which spreads thinly and is easy to sand.

Thanks

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

Just use Pollyfilla or an Own Brand equivalent from one of the sheds. Spread it with a 2" or 3" paint scraper, dragged over the uneven bits - so that you fill the dents but scrape most of the surplus off, all in one go. This will only need a bit of light sanding once it has set.

Don't mix more than you can use in 10-15 minutes - otherwise it will go too thick to spread smoothly before you have used it.

Reply to
Set Square

There's a filler called something like Once, or One Touch...something like that anyway. It's *really* light when you pick it up, so much so that you might think you've picked up an empty pot!

Anyway, it's bloody good for skimming over not-very-big craters, imperfections, scratches etc. Wickes do their own version which seems just as good as the proper one.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

There's a filler called something like Once, or One Touch...something like that anyway. It's *really* light when you pick it up, so much so that you might think you've picked up an empty pot!

Anyway, it's bloody good for skimming over not-very-big craters, imperfections, scratches etc. Wickes do their own version which seems just as good as the proper one.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

In message , Set Square writes

Depends on the depth of the imperfections. It sounds like these might be quite shallow - say a millimetre or so., for final filling for this sort of thing I use 'fine Surface filler' - it works a bit better on fine imperfections - max depth for it is 2mm. I use a filling knife for this rather than scraper, as it is more flexible.

It comes ready mixed, I prefer the tube as you can hold tube in one hand, filling knife in the other and just squeeze and fill you way around the room

Reply to
chris French

Is it Mungo "Two clicks on the send button" as well as "two sheds"?

Reply to
Set Square

Bloody thing wouldn't go so I made it 'ave it! :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

"One Strike" - Screwfix Quote 11996. A much cheaper alternative to "No Sanding" Pollyfilla. Both are good and do what it says on the tub, don't need sanding and set much quicker than normal Pollyfilla. It's ready mixed but I find it usually needs a little extra water mixing in before use.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

In message , Set Square writes

Too much practice on his gas hob methinks

Reply to
raden