bathroom wall tiling / sound deadening

Original idea was to do a "camden partition", ie. air gap, then metal/angle iron studwork for slenderness, then plywood (possibly tanking) and tiles. This would reduce sound from next doors bathroom and give a good surface for tiling. However, looking at the Wedi building boards (waterproof, cement with foam core) and also their version for sound deadening, I am considering using this instead. The board would be fitted to the wall via battens. This would obviously have more structural coupling than the camden partition, but would use up less space, and the foam (plus rubber for the deadening board), should help to isolate next door. Any thoughts ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Why can't you use metal studwork wih the Wedi? (I am very pleased with the Wedi in my wetroom, another advantage of Wedi is thermal isulation, ceramic floor tiles never seem cold.)

Reply to
DJC