Bath Replacement and Damaged Tiles

In the process of replacing a bath, several of the tiles have been damaged. All the damage is confined to the first two rows.

Has anyone got some ideas for sourcing matching tiles or ways of covering up the damaged ones without it looking awful?

Your ideas much appreciated Dom

Reply to
D Hatje

I can be extremely hard to find tiles to replace ones that are say more than

10 years old. I've done it by going around all the outlets and asking them if they have any old stock and even rang the makers, if you can find out who they are. The modern fashion for all white tiles in bathrooms does make it easy to source matching ones. Alt. maybe consider replacing the two rows with a complementary colour
Reply to
BillR

That would be my choice - make it into a feature. You might want to use the new tiles elsewhere in the room as well, to make it look intentional, rather than patched in.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Another point for others is to try to avoid damage to the tiles when you take the old bath out. Admittedly, this is very difficult if bath is fitted between 2 walls. It can be made easier by lowering the bath on its jacking supports they all seem to have, and pulling it out sideways.

Another tip is after tiling round a bath store the spare whole tiles under it - you never know when they will come in handy.

Reply to
BillR

In article , D Hatje writes

Find some tiles of matching size which contrast nicely and make a contrasting stripe round the room

Reply to
Tim Mitchell