barrier material between metal & treated wood?

So, I was thinking about getting one of those el-cheapo metal storage sheds at work. Reviews indicate that the supplied floor kit is utter crap, so I figured I'd build myself one using pressure-treated wood with joists on 12" centres and it'll most likely outlast the shed.

Except of course that metal - beyond stainless steel and hot-dipped galvanized - in contact with PT wood isn't a good idea. So... is there standard practice for providing a barrier between the two?

I did see mention of using 10-mil poly sheet, but the only stuff I've seen so far is only 6-mil, and on a big, expensive roll, when all I'd need would ~50 feet of 2" wide strips.

I do have a big roll of roofing felt kicking around in the warehouse, so maybe that will work? I'm not particularly concerned myself and probably all sorts of things would do, but I know that at least one of the shed vendors states that having their shed in direct contact with PT wood will void the warranty, so I want to do things such that they wouldn't deny any potential claim made for other reasons based on what they decided was an insufficient barrier material.

Thoughts?

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

In message , Jules Richardson writes

Roll of polythene damp proof course? Cheap and tough

e.g.

Reply to
chris French

Don't use roofing felt as it goes brittle with age, but not had experience of doing what you are. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

This is 5mil. 2 layers? I have 3M stuff bhought from Lidl, strongest tape I've ever used. Sadly not seen it since.

Simon Cee

3M Very High Bond? Scarily good stuff.
Reply to
Huge

Aha, yes that would be ideal. I'm in the US (I'm just an ex-Brit and still post to uk.d-i-y because the knowledge and help here is so good!) and they don't seem to use such things here (at least I don't see any at my local diy sheds), but I'll ask around as maybe it's just hiding under a different name.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Juts use standard DPC (damp course) comes in 4", 6"!. 9" or 12" roll widths & cheap

Reply to
Rick Hughes