Balancing a CH System

I'm confused by the steps, in particular where many instructions say "now repeat for the next radiator". Repeat from where? ie: Step 1 - from a cold system, open all valves, turn on heating, note the order in which the rads heat up. Step 2 - turn heating off and allow to cool. Step 3 - turn heating back on, go to rad that heated up first Step 4 - adjust lockshield valve to get 12C drop. Step 4 - repeat for for each rad in turn
So - do I have to let the system cool each time, or go straight to adjusting the lockshield on this next rad to get the 12C temp drop?
Then continue with all rads, and maybe then repeat from 2 and check rads in order, repeating until temp drop is consistent?
No, I don't think it matters which radiator you do first as with the rest s hutdown it will be the only one to heat up anyway. Whatever you do make sur e you have one radiator open when you fire up the boiler especially if you do not have a safety valve. As you set each radiator in turn they will be c ool so you do not have to wait for the whole system to cool down.
Richard
On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 12:35:02 UTC+1, Davidm wrote:

According to the wiki you want consistent temp drop across each rad. So adjust the valves any time. Once the rads heat up you can compare the meer-rad.
IRL that's a fair step but not the endpoint. You don't get the temp profile you want with consistent rad temp drops.
NT