B&Q Strimmer: Opinions

I'm looking for a strimmer replacement at the moment, and while I know the usual advice is to spend more, (Stihl etc) I am tempted by the PRO24CCBCA at £120. This has a choice of disc or line and has a 3-year warranty. To get a comparable Stihl, with 2 years warranty would cost about £200-300, and I'm just wondering if the difference would be justified, especially for less than professional use.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Pat Macguire

Reply to
P and H Macguire

Strimmers are OK IMO for clearance or rough maintenance, but not for much else - in a small to medium garden (up to 1/3 acre) I use shears &/or a scythe or hand scythe in preference. Strimmers can do a lot of damage to trees and shrubs. They're not great around wildlife, pets, or windows, either!

Well, after this perhaps unfashionable viewpoint, perhaps the gardeners have something to add.... I tried to cross-post this to uk.rec.gardening, but it didn't work - perhaps some helpful person will kindly cross-post this?

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built