application of cental heating leak sealant?

Hi all,

I have few questions about application of CH leak sealant

My central heating /with combi boiler/ is loosing pressure. I had the boiler checked and there are no visible leaks from radiators, valves and the visible sections of the pipework.

I added about 1 litre of sealant to the system /50-70 litres/ which helped a bit, it is loosing pressure slower than before.

What is the correct way of using sealant?

- Add it, let it circulate and switch the system off, or just use it normally?

- Can you just keep on adding sealant till the leak stops, or is it likely to clog up the system and damage the boiler?

- If you decide to replace section of pipework or all of it, should you flush the system with something?

TIA

Rafal

Reply to
Rafal